MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Play dates, Meetings, School Program, and Garage Sale.

I have been busy, busy, busy this week with lots of things, but the big thing has been getting ready for out garage sale. My friend and I have been planning this since last year. We have been weeding out our stuff for a year, and between the two of us, and a few others we had a nice collection. It started on Thursday when I went out in the garage and started sorting and pricing. I started in the morning, and finished up sometime in the afternoon. Then on Friday Jessica came over at 9:00. I had to take Tegan to School, but she got started, and when I got home it was non stop. I did have to take a short break for Tegan's school program (more on that later), but as soon as I got home we were back to work. We worked until about 3:00 pricing and sorting stuff. Jessica had to leave around that time to get her kiddos to piano, and then we met up again to load her big stuff, and eat dinner. We got back to my house around 8:00 and worked till 10:00. What a long day that was. This morning I got up 5:30 to be outside by 7:00. We had a pretty good turnout for our sale, and we got rid of quite a bit of stuff. I would have like to get rid of some other things, but I can't complain. The weather was beautiful, and we got rid of stuff that I had been holding onto for quite some time. We did schedule a truck to come pick up the rest of the stuff and take it to goodwill. We just don't want to keep storing it.


Besides the garage sale (which I am glad is over) the girls and I had a play date on Tuesday with some of my friends, and their kiddos at the mall. We really wanted to go to the park, but it decided to rain for most of the day on Tuesday. I think every other mother had the same idea because it was so crowded. The kids had fun anyway, and it gave me a chance to catch up with some friends.


Wednesday I volunteered again at Tegan's school. It was pajama day so they kids got to wear their pajamas. Tegan thought that was just the greatest thing ever!! It was a play day so they didn't have their normal schedule, and they just got to play and have fun all day. They made dirt pudding (imagine the mess with 13 little 4 year old's), and they painted using flyswatters and sponges, and sing, and dance. It was a lot of fun to volunteer that day because the time went so fast, and the kids had such a great time.


Right after volunteering I had to rush home because I had an enrichment meeting. That meeting lasted until 5, and then I had to get dinner and head to YW. I finally got home around 8:30, and was able to rest.


As I said before, Tegan had her spring program on Friday. I took her Thursday night and bought her a cute little dress to wear that went with her cute new bows. My friend Gina had made the girls some new bows, and sent them to me (Thanks again so much) and these pink ones went perfect with the dress. She look darling, and she was so excited to sing for us. I was so excited to video tape her singing with her class, but my battery died. Hopefully I will be able to get it from another mom in the class that taped it. I was so mad that I wasn't able to get a video of her. her class did such a good job. I did get some pictures before we went of Tegan so at least I can show those.

3 comments:

Krith said...

She is pretty darn adorable! Love the bows!

The Merkleys said...

Oh she is getting so big! Very cute. I love the mothers day watch.

Gina said...

Oh yay! I am so glad you guys liked the bows. They look so cute!!