We had a GREAT weekend. It started off on Friday when the girls and I went to Cowley to visit Megan and the boys. Justin was doing some work in Lovell, and Powell so we decided to drive down with him and see Megan. It was so fun to spend the day with her and the boys. We went to the park, and spent the day just visiting, and watching the kids play. It was a great day with great friends. We spent most of the day there, and didn't get home until 7:30. When we got home we took the kids for ice cream, and then came home and took baths and went to bed. Thanks Megan for a wonderful day!!
Saturday was just spent doing things around the house. Justin and Scout mowed the lawn. As you can see from the picture below she was a BIG help!! Isn't that just the cutest. I have 2 little daddies girls, and they want to do everything with their daddy!!
After mowing the lawn they moved to cleaning out the garage. While Justin cleaned out the garage the girls worked on their jeep. Tegan has started this thing where she wants to do what daddy does so when he is working on his jeep she will take the screws out of her jeep, and then put them back in again (she knows what tools to use and everything). I am not kidding when I say the girls want to do everything their dad does!!:) It was so cute to watch them "work" on their jeep I had to take a couple pictures.
This picture made me laugh...you can't really see it but she has her left leg up on the fender, and she was leaning over the front. She was serious about her work.
After working on the jeeps Justin cleaned out the cars and I got the girls lunch and put Scout down for her nap. Later Tegan got invited to Lyssa's house to play for awhile. She spent the rest of the afternoon with her friend. They had a great time playing in the pool, and riding bikes.
After we picked up Tegan we ate dinner, and then started getting ready for out Movie Night. I told Justin that we should have another movie night, and then he came up with the idea to get the projector and put a sheet up on the back of the house, and watch the movie outside in the back yard. It was just like the drive-in!! The girls were so excited. They got pillows and blankets, and put them outside to watch the movie on. Justin hooked everything up, and I made popcorn and rice krispie treats. We all had a great time, and I think this is something we will do at least once a week during the summer.











2 comments:
What a fun family activity!! Movies outside in the summer are so much fun!
We actually have a drive-in here year round because it's only 70 degrees in the winter here. I do miss actually having 4 seasons. I appreciated summer so much more!!
What a fun new family tradition to start... it's a great twist on a normal family movie night! The girls look to cute! Thanks again for coming down to "exciting" Cowley for the day! We had a great day with you all and hope to have you come visit again soon! You are always welcome! Blake had a FANTASTIC time and was pretty upset when the day was over... he cried all the way home from dinner after we said our good-byes and even cried some more after we were home... I think playing so hard wore him out! Next time I promise we will get your curtains done... unless I get to them first! Thanks again for being such a great friend! I'm very blessed to be able to call you one!... sorry about the novel I just wrote!
PS. I'm glad you made it home safe because Nick wasn't as lucky... a deer ran into the side of our car when he went to Billings later that night... I'll tell you about next time I talk to you!
Post a Comment