It has been kind of quite around here lately. Tegan left on Wednesday to go camping with Justin's family so it has just been Scout and I during the day until Justin gets home in the evening. I will start off by saying that I have missed Tegan terribly, and a couple of times have gotten a little teary about her being gone. It doesn't feel like home unless she is here with us. With that said, I have also enjoyed these past couple of days so much. I have gotten to spend time with Scout like I have never gotten to before. So often, I think that she gets overshadowed by her big sister. She doesn't get to play what she wants or to watch what she wants. She gets toys, and books taken away from her more times than I can count during the day. That all changed these last few days. I let her watch what she wanted, play what she wanted, and pretty much do what she wanted. I let her eat Popsicles for breakfast, and stay in her jammies way too long. I also had the opportunity to learn that she sleeps in. Most of the days she wasn't up until 9:30, and one day she got up at 10:00...it was wonderful. I realized the last few days what a truly amazing little girl she is. Don't get me wrong, I have always known this, but when it is just her I can focus on just her. I didn't get to spend 2 years with just her like I did Tegan...the joys of being the first I guess. Because she is my second I don't feel like Scout always got the same attention that Tegan got. Regardless, she is so caring, and loving. She always remembers to use her manner, and she knows how to make me laugh...we laughed a lot the last few days. I love that she compliments people on what they are wearing or their hair. She is a huge example to me. At 2 she reminds us to pray, reminds us not to say "stupid" (never missing a beat on that one), and She is a beautiful daughter of her Heavenly Father, and I am so blessed that I was chosen to be her mom. She truly brings the light of Christ into our home, and makes our home a better place. I love you Scout!!
MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Isn't that fun? I love that time together. Isn't amazing how easy having one is---you're calmer and they are so sweet---still much more enjoyable to have everyone home! Cute baby!
What a great post! I love your little Scout too, she is such a sweetheart... and of course we love Tegan too! She is such a ball of fun! I'm glad you've had the one on one time with Scout! You really do get to know your kids on a new level! I hope Tegan had a blast and is home safe and sound! I also can't wait to hear about how your talks went... I'm sure amazing!
Post a Comment