Somehow it came up a few weeks ago that we would go on a motorcycle ride with our friends who own a couple of motorcycles. Justin and Anthony talked about going sometime, but I had no idea how soon "sometime" would be. I wasn't crazy about the idea, but I had told Justin that I would try it. We decided to go on the shorter ride today because I was just too nervous to go on a 5 hour drive my first time. We started out, and seriously I thought I would start crying. I have to say that the first half of the ride I was so nervous. I was afraid to move, I was so tense that my neck, and hips were hurting, and I just kept envisioning Justin losing control, and us skidding across the road. Nice, I know, but I am not an adrenaline junkie, and I try not to do things that could harm me. Anyway, we stopped for some gas, and the second half of the ride was much more relaxed. We weren't going as fast, and I seemed to relax and just enjoy it more. I was able to look around a little more, and enjoy that I was seeing things from a different perspective. We had a good time, and I am glad that I did it. I even told them that I would do it again. Not sure when that will be, but I will do it.
Me before the ride.







3 comments:
You're brave. Motorcycles are one of those things where I have too much control to suit me... and I don't trust myself to keep myself alive. I'd rather be bungee jumping or something.
Oh---you are so me. I would be thinking, "I have babies...I'm responsible for them...who will take them when I get killed or turn into a vegetable when this thing crashes." I'm totally okay with other people doing it. I'm proud of you!
Wow! Look at you....Crazy woman riding a bike now. All you need is some head to toe leather and you'll be a biker mama!! Next time, you'll have to drive!! Congrats!
Post a Comment