Well, today was the first day of preschool for the girls. We have been waiting anxiously for this day for some time now. Scout has been so excited to finally be able to go to "baby school" as she calls it. While I was doing Scout's hair in the bathroom we were talking, and she told me she didn't want me to leave her. I told her that I was gonna have to leave, but that sissy would be at the same school with her, and she seemed okay with that. I was a little worried that she was going to be upset when it came time for me to leave. After getting all ready, and taking a few pictures we were off. When we got to the school I dropped off Tegan first. She was a little shy, and not sure what to do, but she did great. Scout could hardly wait so off we went to drop her off at her class. She went right in, and we put her backpack away, and found her name tag. Then she found the table with the play dough and sat right down and started playing. I stayed for a few minutes because I didn't want to leave her. It all of a sudden hit me that I wasn't sure I was ready for this. I started to say goodbye, and she said, "bye mom, love you." She said it without any hesitation. After she said that, I got a little chocked up, and could feel the tears starting. I didn't want to start crying so I quickly said goodbye, and left. On the way out to the car I kept feeling like I had forgot something. At one point after driving away I wanted to turn around and go get Scout, but then I realized that this is good for her, and this is what she wanted. I really didn't think that it would be so hard for me to see her go to school, but it really was a little difficult.
While the girls were at school I was able to get lots of errands taken care of. It really was nice to be able to do that without having to deal with kids, and it is amazing how much quicker things get done when I am not fighting with my kids to not touch or stay by me.
When it was time to go get the girls I got Scout first, and I could see her laying on the floor on her stomach listening to the teacher helper read a story. She looked so cute!!:) Her teacher gave her a watermelon cookie before she left. She was so excited that she got something this time. Ms. Karen told me that she had a great day, and that she did very well. Then when I saw the Director in the hall way she told me the same thing. She said Scout did really well, and fit right in. Then I went to get Tegan. She also had a great day, and she was so excited that she had some friends from last year in her class. She really likes her teacher, and was really just so happy to be back in school.
Scout getting right in there and playing
Scout is SO EXCITED!
Tegan checking out the new toys
My sweet little Tegan
Sweet little Scout
Two adorable girls!!
SISTERS!:)
I had to get a picture with my babies!!







5 comments:
So cute! All three of you are gorgeous!
Those pictures are great! You all are beautiful! I couldn't imagine having time by myself, it must have felt a little weird but great!
They could be twins, those two!
I would have Bawled like a baby. I'm definitely not ready for my babies to all be at school! It was hard enough sending Dejah to Kindergarten.
Okay...I teared up when I read your post. Blake is going next Tuesday. He wears his new backpack everywhere. Already I feel a knot in my tummy....good job, mommy carrie.
Post a Comment