MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Sunday, October 25, 2009

I Don't Know How Some Do It!

Home at last! Well, after another weekend of babysitting for some friends we are back home, and some what settled. Thursday night we went to Jeanelle and Kyle's to stay with their kids for the weekend. I was a little nervous having 6 kids that I was going to be responsible for. I mean seriously, there is a reason I only have 2, and someone is going to trust me with their 4 kids for 3 full days!!:) Friday I was so nervous about getting all the kids ready, and off to where they needed to be on time. I just prayed her 3 got where they needed to be, and hoped at the end of the day they would return safely. I was very relieved when I had all 6 at the end of the day. I was constantly terrified of losing one, or that someone was going to get hurt (every time little Grant would jump off of something, Dallin would laugh at me as I screeched), or that some stranger was going to come in off the street and join us!! To top it off Justin was sick so add a sicky on to all those kids, talk about craziness! Justin was giving me a bad time because I wasn't asking him how he was feeling. I think, at one point, he even referred to me as mean! ME...MEAN.;) Seriously, like I had a minute to run up and ask him how he was feeling when there were 6 kids running around, and sometimes more when the neighborhood kids decided to drop by. I was proud of myself because I even got them all ready for church this morning, and took them by myself to Stake Conference. My mother, and Father-in-law were nice enough to sit in front of me, and help out, and Jessica, bless her heart, held my sleeping Scout even though she is ready to have a baby any day now. I am just so thankful that all the kids were good, and they played well together with very little fighting. I survived, and the kids all survived so I would say that it was a success. I have a new found respect for mother's with more than 2 kids. Oh Yeah, and if you ever need a sitter just let me know...I am a professional now!! Actually, let me know, and I will send Justin over...he owes me BIG time!!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Wow! I'm impressed! I think you have now earned the title "Super Woman"! I'm glad that all in all the weekend was a success! I think now it is your turn for a vacation!!! Let me know if you want to spend it in UT! You're always welcome!!!

Ginger said...

I really want to know if I can have the privilege of polishing your halo! Oh, and I MAY be needing a babysitter every Thursday for an hour...

The Merkleys said...

WOW you are a nice person! Hopefully it will come back to you and some one will watch your kids for 3 days while you and Justin can get away!
Ya I am thinkin after this post and the last it is time for you to have a few more!

Anonymous said...

My wife is so specail and she needs to know that i appreciate all she does. Carrie you are a wonderfull wife and a great mother to our girls!!! love ya
Justin

Anna Beal said...

Isn't it crazy?! I've done that before. I feel my hands are full with three, but I also know that I am not done. Lets hope I feel that way after 4!