MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Black Friday...

Well, I am still trying to get caught up on all of our happenings since we left last week. So bear with me while I try to do that.

Our Black Friday started at about 11:00 Thanksgiving night. Justin's three sisters and I left the kids, and husbands at home, and headed for Toys R Us in hopes of getting some good deals. We showed up and I wished I had my camera to show you this line, but it went around the building, zig zagged through a field, and then went all the way down a shopping center. We took one look at the line and decided against standing in it. Instead we decided to head to Walmart, and check things out there. Before we got to Walmart we made a stop at the gas station. My sister in laws talked to me into taking a five hour energy shot. I was really nervous taking it, and I kept asking them what it was going to do to me. I finally decided to just take it if I was going to make it through the night. It wasn't too bad, and it worked right away. We headed to Walmart, and walked around for a minute checking things out. Then we decided to get in line for rock band. This is where most of the interesting things took place. One lady got in line behind us, and decided that she didn't really want to wait in line, and informed me that she would climb right over the top of me to get what she wanted. Then one boy decided that he didn't have to wait in line and decided to just cut, and start telling people the line was behind him. After a little run in with my sister in law, Jamie, and a talk with a Walmart employee that ended up a friend by the time the night was over, we got the situation figured out. We ended up being 3rd in line for rock band. Later in the night Jamie, Alisa, and I headed over to get in line for other things. Jamie ended up making friends with one of the other associates that was guarding the princess dress-ups, and talked him into watching our cart full of stuff, and asking him to grab us a box of dress-ups. It was quite funny that he actually did it. While we were in line we did end up hearing 2 other ladies in another isle get in a fight. One was trying to take something before 5:00, and another lady was setting her straight. It was quite entertaining!! Finally, it was 5:00, and we all grabbed what we needed, met up front, and were out of the store by 5:27 a.m. It was a long night, but we all had so much fun. There was lots of laughing, and fun was had by all. Even though I feared for my life a couple of times, I had so much fun!!
After we left Walmart we headed to Target, and Toys R Us, but everything was gone. We decided to just go get some breakfast and then head home....and slept.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Sounds exciting...my favorite part is drugging yourself before the big night. Crazy girl! Glad you got what you wanted!

Anna Beal said...

Is it really worth all the lines?? I am not a fan of shopping crowds...I would rather NOT buy someting. Crazy huh?! Glad you had a good time.