Friday was the girls last day of school. It was really sad knowing that was my last "free" day for the next few months. But more than that I am sad for the girls because they really LOVE going to school. They wake up everyday and ask if they are going to school.
For the last day of school they were suppose to have a water day, but the weather wasn't cooperating so they just had a fun play day inside. I had a little trouble picking up the girls because I got a little emotional. I loved Scout's teacher, and I just felt like Scout learned so much this last year. I wasn't as sad for her because she will be returning next year. Scout's teacher put together these portfolios for all of the kids in the class. I was so impressed and absolutely love it. She put pictures of Scout, and the other kids from throughout the year, and on every page that she had a picture of Scout she talked about what Scout was doing in the picture so she made it very personal for Scout. These must have taken hours to do, and I so appreciate her putting this together so that I have it to look back on.
Tegan was a whole different story. When she handed her teacher her chocolate and card her teacher started to get teary when she hugged Tegan so that made me cry. I adore Tegan's teacher...she was absolutely an AMAZING teacher so I am sad to see Tegan move on. Then when we were walking out of the building I think it finally hit Tegan and she just broke down and started crying which made me cry so there we are sitting outside of the school CRYING! It was a wonderful year for both of the girls, and they made so many great new friends that I hope we will still stay in touch with. When we were walking out Tegan was saying bye to her friend Liam and she said, "Bye Liam...see you in Kindergarten." That about broke my heart because she won't be in the same school with any of the kids that she went to preschool with. But, I know that she will make many more new and wonderful friends in Kindergarten.
Scout with her Class
Tegan with her class







1 comments:
Oh, that is so sweet. I am sure that we will have many tears through the years with our little ones in school...
Post a Comment