MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July 4th, 2010

My parent's arrived on the 4th to spend the day with all of us. It was nice to have them here, but things were a little crazy with so many people in my little tiny house. We started off by heading to the parade. We thought we were going to be late, but we ended up having to wait for an hour for it to start. It was a great parade, and the kids got LOTS of candy, and popsicle's. The parade lasted about an hour, and it really was a great parade. I enjoyed the weather. It was surprisingly cooler this year. Don't get me wrong it was still warm, but there was a nice cool breeze, and it was just perfect.


Tegan and Scout waiting for the parade to start

Justin




Keeping cool


Daddy and Scout


Mommy and Scout



After the parade we all headed back to my house, and finished up the food preparations. After eating we headed to the park where they were going to be doing the fireworks. There was plenty of stuff to do, and it kept the kids busy for awhile. They had bouncy things, a rock climbing wall (Tegan climbed the rock wall, and did a great job), music, and more. It was great, and the kids had a great time. I loved that it didn't rain this year. It looked like it, but it only sprinkled a little right before the fireworks. This year we were prepared for rain because it seems like it pours every year on the 4th. We took unbrella's, and a tarp this year so when it started to sprinkle we spread out the tarp. We really didn't need it, but it did keep the blankets from getting wet.

Scout and Austin at the park

Tegan Jumping

The whole family before the fireworks
The fireworks were AMAZING!! Seriously, I have never seen better fireworks. We were literally right underneath them, and they were amazing. We were getting the paper, and ash on us from them, that is how close we were.

We all had a great day, and I am glad I got to spend it with my family. I am so thankful that they made the trip to see us!!


1 comments:

Megan said...

Crazy day! Sorry I didn't get a chance to call you back! I REALLY want to talk to you! I'm glad you had a fun 4th! Great pictures! I'm impressed with your mad skills! Did your Grandma not make the trip too... didn't see her in the family photo! Way to go Tegan with climbing the wall! Talk to you SOON!!!