MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Our Week...never a dull moment

We have had a very full week...sorry I don't have any pictures, but it would have been more swimming pictures.

Monday we went to the park for lunch at 11:30, and we didn't leave the park until 4:00. The girls were having a great time swimming and playing at the playground so we just hung out until it started to rain a little. This was the best day of the week because before we left I had the whole house clean, and a roast put in the crock pot so when we got home the house was clean and dinner was made...what more could you ask for!!
Tuesday and Wednesday I had the boys, and we also went to the park for lunch both days, and then I let the kids play for a little while. Tuesday Justin left for Reno...what an adventure that was for him. He got up, and left for the airport at 5:30, and because he wasn't there an hour and half early they gave his seat away. Right before the plane was leaving he was talking to one of his co-workers on the plane, and she said that there were 6 seats open on the plane. The front desk lady was so rude, and pretty much said "oh well." Then a guy came off the plane because he was claustrophobic, and said Justin could have his seat, but the lady told Justin no. So he got another flight, but it didn't leave until 1:00 so he came back home. I took him to the airport at 11:00. He called me at 3 from Salt Lake and told me he was going to be in Salt Lake until 9:45 because the plane was too full. Since he was going to be there for awhile he called his sisters, and Jamie came and got him, and they all went to dinner. Anyway, he finally got to Reno at 11:30, and all for what? Four hours of meetings the next day and then turn around and come back home.

While Justin was having a mini vacation visiting different states I was planning on going to the Temple Tuesday night for our ward temple night. I was getting my stuff ready and I look outside to see Tegan with the car keys trying to open the car so I lock up the front door, and head out. I get to the car, and Tegan hands me the keys, and to my surprise they are the wrong keys. They are the set that does not have my house key on them. I just got done locking my house up like Ft Knox. How the heck am I going to get back in. My first thought was "you have to be kidding me I am in heels, and a skirt." Even if a window was open it would be interesting to see me try to make my way through it with a skirt on. To top it off the only way into our back yard is to climb the huge fence because we don't have handles on the outside of our gates so that people can't walk into our yard...great idea till you lock yourself out. Anyway, I am panicking because not only am I locked out, but Justin has the other key, and he is on his way to Reno, and our landlord is out of town. So I call Jessica. Not that she can help me, but talking to someone about it sounds like a good idea! While I am talking to her I realize that I may not have locked all the windows so I try one, and find that it is open. Lucky for me I was able to send Tegan through it, and she got the keys. Finally I get the girls dropped off at Jessica's and I get to the Temple just in time for them to tell me that the session is full, and they can't let any more people into the session...WHAT???? The Temple is NEVER full I go every month on my ward night, and never have a problem. I didn't get to do a session, but I did some other work so it all worked out.

Yesterday after lunch at the park Jessica picked up the girls for me, and I got to go to lunch with Megan. She was in town for a couple of hours, and I am SO glad I got to see her. I haven't seen her since November, and I was so excited to get to have lunch with her. I really appreciate Jessica watching the girls so that I could be kid free for awhile. Thanks Megan for making the drive to see me!

Now it is Friday, and I have had another full day with the girls. I have absolutely enjoyed hanging out with them the last couple of weeks, and it is wonderful to get out and let them play each day.

0 comments: