MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First Day Of KiNdErGaRtEn!

Today was the day...Tegan started school, and it was the toughest day for me. I asked her before we left is she was nervous, and she said that she was a little bit, but she was excited too. When she said that she was nervous that made me more nervous. We left a little later than I would have liked, but we made it just before the second bell rang. We took Tegan in, and at first she seemed a little apprehensive. She wanted me to go in with her. So I went in and helped her find her seat, and then I felt like they were rushing us out the door so I told her I loved her, and to have a good day. I started crying before I left the room. I looked back and wasn't sure how she was feeling about the whole situation. I hated that I felt rushed because I would have like to make sure she was alright with the situation. I swear I was the only mom at the school that was crying. I cried all the way home, and called Jessica. I could barely talk to her I was crying so hard and she told me it was okay to cry, and we decided to met at a bakery, and get a cinnamon roll. It helped to take my mind off of the situation, and made things a little easier. Finally, it was time to go get her, and after picking her up, I asked her a million questions. I wanted to know everything, but of course she couldn't remember anything. She couldn't even remember what she had for lunch. She did say that she had a good day, and proudly told me she didn't give her teacher any trouble! I was proud to hear that, but I didn't worry to much about that. She did say that one boy was being naughty 3 different times so he had to sit out. It makes me feel better to hear that it all went well, and that she had a good day.



My little Kindergartner

2 comments:

The Gardner Family said...

I love it Carrie!! Even though it does get easier I still get pretty emotional each year. Mostly because it is fun to see them grow up and experience new things! She definitely looks cute enough to be a kindergartner! Have fun!!

Megan said...

What a cutie! Love the first day of school outfit! She is definitely a girl with spunk! So cute! I'm glad she had a great first day! And I'm glad you survived! Can't wait to hear about all the fun things she will be learning and all the funny stories I'm sure she will bring home to share!