MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Summer Is Over...

I wish that I had taken pictures to document what a wonderful day today was. Today was the last day of summer, as Tegan will be starting school tomorrow. It has been in the back of my mind all day, and I have had a hard time dealing with the fact that Tegan is now ready for Kindergarten. Today the girls played so well together all afternoon, and evening. There was NO fighting, and they were playing together like they were the best of friends. As I stood in the kitchen listening to them play and laugh I wished that today would never end. I got a call from my friend Jessica today and she sounded so excited and said, "ARE YOU SO EXCITED" and I asked her, "Excited about what?", and she said, "that summer is over." I told her no, which is crazy since most days we would talk and I would tell her that I couldn't stand the fighting, and I was tired of being the entertainment committee, and that school needed to start so that I could have a break. I am not ready to let Tegan go to school especially because we found out that she got bumped out of the school that I wanted her in, and because of overcrowding everywhere she will have to attend her home school. I was devastated, and spent 2 days crying about it last week. I was thankful for our little mini vacation so that I didn't have to think about it for awhile. I am still not okay with the situation, but there isn't anything I can do about it at this time so she will have to go. That is why tomorrow is going to be a really hard day for me. It is one thing to send your first child off to kindergarten, but then to send them somewhere you are not comfortable with makes the whole situation 100x worse. It is so hard for me to believe that my baby will be 6 on Sept. 14, and that she is going off to school. Our lives will forever be changed as we enter this new phase of our lives. I miss the "little" kid she was, but I am so extremely proud of the little girl she has become! She makes my days brighter, and brings so much joy into our little family. I will miss having her around during the day to make me laugh, but I know that she has great things waiting for her out there in this big 'ol world! I LOVE YOU, TEGAN!

1 comments:

Megan said...

Yeah Tegan! I'm sure today with be a GREAT day! Good luck at your first day of Kindergarten! I'm sure you will make lots of friends and learn lots of new things! Can't wait to hear about it!!!