MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Special Weekend For Grandma Great!

Thursday we headed to Idaho. Justin's Grandma Facer was going through the temple, and then we were going to celebrate her 80th birthday. We all met over at Justin's parents house and all left together Thursday morning. It was a LONG day of driving, but we finally arrived at Grandma's house around 8. The girls were so glad to arrive, and finally be able to run around and play. They were also so excited to see Grandma Great...they talk about her all the time, and tell me how much they miss her. Friday we got up, and after getting ready the girls left the kids with the men and we went to run some errands. After we got home and had some lunch Justin, Ryan, and his parents left to go set up some stuff at his Aunt Cindy's house. Lindsey and I stayed with the kids, and just hung out with Grandma. It was nice to spend some time with her. That night we all just hung out and waited for Justin's sisters to arrive. Saturday started bright and early for me. I got up at 6:00 to be showered and ready to leave for the Temple at 11:30. With only one bathroom, and 10 people needing to get ready things had to start early! Finally, we were ready to head to Twin Falls. Jenna, and Alisa were watching the kids, and were going to meet us at the Temple with the kids after the session. I really appreciate them watching the girls for us. They had their hands full with all the kids. It was a wonderful session with 54 of Grandmas friends and family. It was a special moment for everyone, and we were so glad we got to be there. After the Temple we all went over to Aunt Cindy's house for the party. The kids (and some of the adults) had a great time playing in the water, and on all the toys. Aunt Cindy had 3 big blowup things you could attach water too, and then she had a big play area with lots of toys. There was LOTS of great food, and fun for everyone! I felt bad that Justin wasn't feeling the greatest, but it really was a lot of fun. Sunday we got ready and headed home. It was another long drive, but we survived and made it home safely. As always I wish I would have taken more pictures. Here are some of the ones that I did get.
I love this picture...this is the window Justin's Grandpa always sat in front of, and I think it is so cute to see the kids lined up looking out the window.
Justin, Me, Max, Julie, Kayli, Grandma, Ryan, Lindsey, Jenna, Jamie, Karter, Josh, Alisa
Tegan, Landon, Scout, Parker, and Madi
EVERYONE!
Tegan enjoying the water...
Scout enjoying the food...
This is what Scout did
This is what Tegan did
Tegan getting in on the water fight

Tegan got caught!

1 comments:

Megan said...

How did I miss this post?! I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful trip! And that Justin's Grandma was able to make such wonderful covenants with our loving Heavenly Father! The water fight does look fun! Your girls are too cute! Glad you are home! As always, thanks for the call earlier this week and for the birthday message! I'll try to call you today before the weekend gets here!