MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Which School Will It Be?

I have dreaded putting Tegan in school here since we moved here. Well, the time has come, and for months now I have been stressing about it. I talked to Tegans preschool teacher during last year, and she told me that I should go and look at the schools (our area school, and the ones close to our house) and then make a decision from there. So I went to our home school, and even though the office people were super nice I had a sick feeling about putting Tegan in school there. I went to 2 other schools, and chose the one I liked. So I filled out an out of area request form, and stressed over that for months on how to word it so that I could explain my reasoning for wanting her moved without sounding crazy. Finally, I got it turned in, and have spoken with the principle of this school several times. He has been great and told me from the beginning that as long as they had room he would love to have her. So I have been waiting all summer to find out the results. They wait until the VERY last minute on out of area kids because kids that live in that area obviously get in first. So last week I called and he told me that she was in, but he was getting some more registrations in so he told me to call back this week. I called back, and the office lady told me that they had placed Tegan in a class, and I would be receiving a letter. I got the letter, and we now know who her teacher is. The only thing is that we are still waiting for it to be 100% because the principle is waiting to make sure all the registrations are in. Right now both classes are full, and she would be the first to go if they get anymore kids. I am hoping that she gets to stay, and that she will have a wonderful Kindergarten year at this school. I will absolutely be devastated if she can't stay at this school. I can't even go into all the reasons I don't want her at her home school it would take too long, but I would just feel so much better with her at this other school. I am trying to stay positive, and just think positive thoughts till we know for sure.

Friday we went school shopping for Tegan. It was so fun, and we had a wonderful girls day. My mother in law came with us, and it was fun to have her along. We did some shopping, and then stopped for some lunch, and then did some more shopping. Thank you, Julie for a wonderful day! It defiantly makes it more real that she is going to school. I am excited, but at the same time I am going to cry like a baby when I drop her off.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Oh goody! I hope she gets to stay! I've been thinking about this "dalema" all week and have been hoping for the best! I'm sure everything will work out the way it is suppose to! I can't believe you took Tegan school shopping! What a fun milestone to reach! I can't wait to talk to you this week! Until then... good luck with all the school stuff!

Tersa said...

I can completely to relate to the stress of choosing the right school. I thought I had it figured out and then we moved. Luckily many people have reassured me that Quinn's home school is one of the best. Now I just have to register him. I just hope our late registration doesn't affect any one. Wish Tegan the best of luck for us!

Ginger said...

I am very curious as to which schools you chose to visit and which one she will be attending. Sending positive thoughts your way!

Trish said...

Justin was telling us a little about the school situation and I would feel exactly the same way. I hope she gets to stay!