Thursday I got a call from Tegan's teacher at school. At first I couldn't figure out why she would be calling me at home so late after school...I was a little nervous. She told me that she was calling to talk about Tegan. She told me that Tegan was testing high on some of the tests that they were doing with her, and that she wanted to put her in a reading readiness program 2 to 3 times a week. I was so excited! She said that she knows 19 out of the 26 letter sounds, and that she knows her letters really well. So they are going to start this program with her this coming week. She has been showing some interest in reading for a few weeks now, and so I think it is a great idea. At home she has been sounding out words, and is even able to tell me what the words are. Her teacher told me that Tegan is the sweetest little girl, and just a joy to have in her class. We are so proud of her, and how well she is doing in school.
MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Oh, that would be scary for a few seconds! I've already gotten the disciplinary phone call from the school, but at least it was during school hours! How exciting for Tegan!
That is so exciting!!! What a great call to get!
Yeah for Tegan (and for you for working with her to get her ready for school)! Hope it is a fun program and that she will enjoy being a part of it!
Post a Comment