Tegan had a Dentist appt. today, and I have to say that we completely worried for nothing. She did so much better than I had expected. She was so brave, and let Dentist Joe numb her mouth, and pull out her tooth. She did so well that while he had her numb he went ahead and filled the cavity she had as well. We weren't sure how she would do so we weren't even sure if she was going to let him pull her tooth. Joe tried to refer us to a pediatric dentist, but Tegan insisted on going to Joe. I think it is because she knows him, and is comfortable with him. I didn't go in the room while they did the work. Joe told me that children usually do better when the parent's aren't in the room. I have to agree...I don't think she would have been as brave if I were there, and if she saw me get upset. When she was all done she was so proud. Tegan didn't end up going back to school because she was in a little pain so I kept her with me the rest of the day, and at the end of the day her teacher called to see how she was doing. I thought that was very sweet of her. She said that she was hanging the pictures that Tegan had colored for her, and just wanted to see how she was doing!
I ended up taking Tegan to the store so she could pick out a little treat for being so brave. In the clearance section she found this set of fingernail polish that she wanted so that is what she got. Well, she was so excited to use it so after we picked up Scout from school she painted all of our nails. After dinner the girls wanted to paint Justin's toenails, and being the good sport that he is he let them. They thought it was pretty great. We finally had to take the nail polish away because I think they were well on their way to painting his whole foot!
The finished product!







2 comments:
Ha ha! That is so great! Justin is such a good sport! Now you'll just have to hide the nail polish remover from him so he has to keep the look for a while.
That's Awesome! Can't wait to see what Brian will do for his little girl. Hope he'll follow Justin's example.
Post a Comment