MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Monday, January 3, 2011

My Kiddos And The Smiles They Put On My Face...

I really want to get back to using this blog to document everything my girls, do. I haven't done much of that lately. I go weeks sometimes, and then just summarize what we have done.

Today was Tegan and Scout's first day back at school since break. They were both so excited. I went in at 7 to wake Tegan up, and as I opened the door she said, "Mom, I am up! I am so excited to go to school I woke up before you!" She climbed right out of bed and got ready. It was great to see her so excited. After school on the way to her friends house for a play date she was telling me all about her day. She said that her teacher asked her about her CTR ring, and what it meant. Tegan said, "I told her it meant Choose the Right." Then she said, "Mom, doesn't she remember that from when she was little?" I just laughed because I love how innocent she is. I told her that not everyone goes to the same church we do, and so not everyone knows what a CTR ring is. But the best thing for her to do is wear her ring, and when people ask to proudly tell them what it means.

Then tonight Tegan was laying in bed, and I had to keep telling her to go to sleep. I think all the late nights during break are making it hard to get her back on schedule. Anyway, she hollered from her bedroom at me so I said, "What." She said, "you should really go to bed so your not grumpy in the morning." Justin and I both laughed. She is so wise for being 6!:)
Scout didn't say anything funny today, but she had a great first day back at school. She was so excited after school to tell me everything that she did. I am excited for the girls, and for the new year that is in front of them in school. They are both getting so big, and learning so much. I love them to pieces, and THEY are the best part of my day!

0 comments: