MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

We had a WONDERFUL Easter Sunday! What a wonderful day to reflect on the true meaning of Easter, and remember the sacrifice that our Savior made for each of us. We had church at 9 this morning so things were a little crazy around our house trying to see what the Easter Bunny brought, and still trying to stay focused so we could get to church on time. I was in the bathroom getting ready when Tegan came running in so excited that the Easter Bunny had come. So we went and woke Scout up, and headed out to see what they got. They got new Easter dresses, and some candy, lip gloss, fake nails, pencils, pajamas, and then Scout got a paper doll book, and Tegan got a hidden picture book. So once we saw what they got they had breakfast and we got ready and headed to church. Church was great, and I loved hearing the lessons today. After church we came home to a big surprise. We went to take pictures in the back yard, and we found that the Easter Bunny had visited our house while we were gone. He left eggs hidden around the yard, and then he left each of the girls a basket full of candy and fun things, and then a HUGE chocolate bunny! The girls thought it was the greatest thing ever, and so did we! It was a nice surprise, and very much appreciated. It was so fun to see them get so excited.

After lunch I started making my dessert, salad, deviled eggs, and mashed potatoes for dinner. We made plans a few weeks ago to get together with the Yates for dinner. It was so nice because I didn't have to make a whole meal just for my family, and it is always nice to be able to enjoy the day with them. So we headed over to their house after they got out of church. We ate lots of yummy food, and yummy dessert. We sat outside for a while and enjoyed the beautiful weather, and then we did the Resurrection eggs with the girls. It was a nice ending to a great day! It was a good way to talk to the kids about Jesus, and the Resurrection. It was perfect because it was done it a way that they could understand. It really was a perfect day today. The weather was perfect, we got to go to church, I got to spend the day with my family, and we got to enjoy Easter dinner with great friends. With that being said, I was sad when I talked to my family on the phone today. I wish that I could have been there with them, but I love them all, and they were close to my heart, and in my thoughts all day. I love and miss you all so much!:)


I have been trying to upload a couple of videos that I have, but they aren't working. I will keep trying and hopefully post them soon.


Scout wearing her new nails...she LOVES them!

The girls after church with the stuff the Easter Bunny left
My beautiful girls in their new Easter dresses



Tegan going through all of her new stuff

The baskets before the girls tore into them


One from yesterday that I forgot to post...daddy and his girls coloring eggs



3 comments:

Alicia Steere said...

What a fun day! So I have to ask, did you know who visited the house while you were at church!?

Alicia Steere said...

What a fun day! So I have to ask, did you know who visited the house while you were at church!?

Megan said...

So fun! I love the girls new dresses! They look beautiful in them! What a fun filled and relaxing weekend! I'm glad you had such a fun time as your little family of 4!