MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Summer Fun...

We had a good week this last week. We kept really busy and tried to spend as much time outside as possible enjoying the warm weather. We went to the park everyday, and on Monday we were joined by Ashlie for lunch, and then on Tuesday we were joined by my good friend Alicia, her mom, and her sweet kiddos.

Tegan and Shelby

Alicia was in town for some errands, and made time to meet us at the park. Thursday the girls went swimming at the little kiddie pool for awhile. They had a great time, and were so excited to finally get to play in the water for awhile.



Saturday Justin was taking a test so while he studied the girls and I went down town to the Wild West Soiree. I wasn't sure I wanted to go alone, but I am so glad I did because it was a lot of fun. At noon they did a gun fight. I was a little nervous about the gun fight, and the girls, but they did really well. The gun fight was so funny, and we all enjoyed it. After the gun fight the girls each got a poster and had all the guys sign it. The girls were able to get their picture taken with one of them. After we took pictures we went and got a treat for the girls before heading home.







So tomorrow I leave for girls camp. I am super nervous to leave the girls for a week. Luckily I have good friends that were willing to help me out, and take the girls during the day while Justin is at work. I will be back Thursday night just in time to get Tegan ready to go with my parent's and sister to Florida. They are going to see the space shuttle take off. It will be such a great experience for Tegan, but I will miss her so much. While she is gone Scout is going to get her tonsils out. That won't be much fun, but we will try to do some fun things when she starts to feel better. Tegan's surgery is scheduled for Aug. 3rd. I am nervous about both of the surgeries, but I know it is the best thing for both of the girls. Scout's tonsils are so big that they are sitting on the back of her tongue, and pushing on her soft palate affecting her speech. Also, she has some sleep apnea. Tegans are just chronically infected so hers need to come out since she has had strep 8 times since September. I will be so glad when it is all over, and the girls feel better.

0 comments: