Well, it has almost been a month since I left for girls camp, and I am just now getting around to blogging about it. I just haven't had much time to blog lately so I have kind of fallen behind...sorry.
Anyway, I had a great week at camp, and it had to do with so many reasons. First, I am so thankful to my 2 friends that so graciously took my kids during the week. When I first got asked to go to camp I just kept thinking, "I can't go, I have kids, and I don't have anyone to watch them while Justin is at work." I ended up finding two of the most amazing women to leave my kids with. They took such great care of them, and did such fun things with them. The girls were completely exhausted at the end of the day they would come home eat dinner and go right to bed. Jeanelle watched them the first 2 days, and they went swimming, among other things. The swimming was a hit with the girls. The last two days Anneke watched the girls, and they played play-doh, make cookies, made bread, made sock puppets, among other things. I was told they made a list for each day, and they did all the things on the lists. I really do appreciate these ladies being so willing to help me out. I was able to leave, and not have to worry about the girls because I knew they were with wonderful people!:)
So, the morning I left was hard. The girls cried, and I was very emotional about leaving. I haven't left them since Scout was 4 months old, and I left for the weekend to visit Megan. I was very grateful that Jessica was also going to camp. It made it easier knowing she would be there. I rode up with her, and once we got there we got the JL all situated. When we got there we discovered that the water line had been broken so we weren't supposed to use the water, and not all the JL tents had been set up. It was a bit crazy until the water got turned back on. The first day was kind of crazy anyway just trying to get everyone situated, and figuring out what was going on.
The rest of the week was very scheduled and my job was pretty easy. As a JL supervisor my job was pretty much just making sure the JL were doing what they were supposed to be doing, and that there weren't any major problems. I was with Kristi, and we had a great time walking all over camp, and visiting with all the girls, and seeing all the different activities. It was nice that we didn't have to stay in one spot all the time, and let me tell you I was so sore from walking all over checking on girls. I was so proud of all the JL's they did a great job this year being prepared, and doing what they were supposed to do. We had an amazingly talented group of girls. My favorite evening was the evening that we did the virtue walk. I was SO proud of the girls for memorizing their parts, and making it so spiritual. Then they sang. "We Seek After These Things" while a slide show played. It was wonderful. I also loved the girls skits. I have never laughed so much in my life. We had a great time that night! My least favorite part was coming back from our hike to find out that the water had been shut off again...I had a moment where I thought I might cry.:( Thank goodness it wasn't off long, and by that evening the water was on again. While we were on our hike the leaders had filled up some pools with water, and so the girls got to soak their feet and do mani's. The cooks also made smoothies for everyone, which were delicious.
I ended up leaving Thursday night because I wanted to be here when Tegan left. I was sad I missed testimony meeting, but I really needed to be here. I developed some great friendships, and got to know some really great girls. The women in charge put in so much hard work, and I felt like they did an amazing job, and it turned out great. Another great thing was that the weather was great, and we didn't have any rain. Mornings, and evenings were beautiful.
Me, Natalie (stake camp director), Kristi (other JL supervisor), and Jen ( one of Natalie's camp assistants)...love these ladies
Me, Jessica, Kelly, Neine, and Whitney after the first part of our hike
Natalie, and Jessica when we got back from our Hike...it was exhausting
the girls soaking in the water
Me taking a picture of Natalie
Natalie taking a picture of me
Two of my favorite girls, Kendal, and Liza. Oh how these two made me laugh!
Kendal somehow talked Kristi and I into letting her hang out in the freezer when it got too hot. Oh, and she talked us into giving her sodas too!:) Love her!
Corie was complaining that her pants wouldn't stay up so Kelly taped them for her!
Kelly and Val with their marshmallow guns...they stood in the back during skits and shot everyone with marshmallows
Me, Liza, Val, and Kendal
Alyssa, and Rachel
All of my JL's minus a couple that left early. What a beautiful group of girls!:)







1 comments:
What an action packed time! I'm glad it was such a positive experience for you, as well as for Tegan and Scout! I'm sure it was hard to leave since they were crying but how lucky they were to have such amazing friends of yours to take their minds off of "mommy being gone"! It looks like, and sounds like you had some pretty amazing JL! BTW- you looked too good to be at girls camp all week! Hope to talk to you again soon!
Post a Comment