MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Sunday, July 24, 2011

A little Catch up...Tegan getting home, Scout's Recovery, Justin's Birthday, Swimming, A little Of Everything.

Tegan has been home for over a week now, and again I am just getting around to posting what we have been up too.

The second week Tegan was gone, Justin was also gone. He went to work with our friend John again. He left on Sunday, and Scout was devastated when he left. She had such a hard time with everyone being gone. On the way home from dropping Justin off she said, "first my sister left me, and then my daddy left me like my sister left me." then she started crying. It broke my heart. :( Sunday Tegan was also flying back to Laramie from Florida. I was so relieved to have her back in Laramie, and not traveling anymore. I didn't seem to worry about her so much. I had asked Tegan if she was excited for her first airplane ride, and she said, "it's not my first mom." I said, "yea, but you don't remember the last time you flew," and she said, "yes, I do because you told me about it!" I laughed, silly girl. My mom said that she seemed unimpressed with the flight, and acted like it was something she did all the time. On Monday Tegan went to work all day with my mom. My mom said that she LOVED it. She played on the computer, she painted, she drew pictures. She did great, and loved it. On Tuesday she went to my old Bishops house to play. Our girls were in nursery together when we lived in Laramie she didn't remember her, but she had a great time at their house, and I so appreciated them letting her go play.


Tegan had a wonderful vacation with my family. They drove so they spent a lot of time in the car, but she got to go to Pittsburgh to visit my brother, and his family. From Pittsburgh they went to Florida. They spent time at the beach, Kennedy space center, and watched the last space shuttle take off. She thought that was so cool to be able to see that in person. I am so glad that she got to have this opportunity, and see things, and do things that she wouldn't have been able to do.



Monday night Scout and I were invited to Anneke's for dinner. It was fun to hang out with her and the girls for a little while, and let the kids play. Tuesday was Justin's birthday. I was sad that we didn't get to spend his birthday with him, but he didn't seem to mind. Wednesday afternoon Jessica called, and invited us over so we spent the afternoon, and evening with her, and her family. Thursday Scout and I went to the movie, and then to the park. And then Friday afternoon Tegan and Justin got home. It was so great having everyone home. Tegan was so cute she couldn't get out of the car fast enough, and then when she hugged me she got a little emotional. It was nice to see her. after pretty much 3 weeks. Saturday my dad left, and both the girls had birthday parties to go to. After their birthday parties we all went to dinner for Justin's birthday. Then on Sunday we had his family over for cake and ice cream.


Justin and the girls blowing out his candles


During all of this Scout was recovering from her surgery. I can't believe how incredibly well Scout did with her recovery. She never complained, she never cried, and honestly you wouldn't have even known anything was wrong with her. I had to really watch her because she felt so good she wanted to eat everything. I also had to make sure she didn't over due it. I wanted her to get out, but I really watched her, and made sure she took it easy. Since the surgery she doens't snore anymore. I haven't seen her sleep so peacefully in I don't know how long. The surgery was most definitely the best thing. I can't only hope that Tegan has the same positive experience when she goes in for her surgery.


The girls also started swimming lessons last week. They have LOVED it! They both are doing so well, but I see the most progress with Tegan. She is really catching on, and just loves being in the water. When she was with my mom she was telling my mom that she wanted to take dance classes. My mom told her that when she learns to swim she will put her in dance. I am wondering how much that has to do with Tegan's desire to pick it up!:) Whatever it is I am just so glad both the girls are enjoying swimming.


Scout

Tegan


1 comments:

Megan said...

Wow! What a post... but it is wonderful to be able to "catch up" with all your latest happenings via the blog world! That's great that Tegan is doing so good with swimming and that she will hopefully be starting dance classes soon! And I also can't believe how well Scout did with her recovery! Happy belated Birthday to Justin... I hope he had a fun day/week since the celebrations were stretched out a little! Talk to you soon!!! :)