Today was Scout's surgery. We have been nervously awaiting this day. I had mixed feelings because I was ready for this to happen, but I was so nervous because it was surgery. We went in at 8:30, and I was really impressed with how well she did. She seemed a little nervous, but did great. They gave Scout a little camera so she kept busy taking pictures which I think helped keep her mind off what was going on. We met with the doctor, and met the anesthesiologist before they took Scout back. She got to ride in a wagon with their stuffed animal Ramsey, which she thought was pretty cool. They made it fun for her, and it really helped. She was able to take her baby doll, and her camera, and then said they took a picture of her tonsils. We were only in the waiting room for about 30 minutes before the doctor came out and told us that it went really good. She said they were HUGE, and she was impressed with the size. She was so impressed with how well she did, and she really felt like Scout would do just fine with her recovery. After a little while they called us back and we were able to be with Scout. When I first saw her she was sitting up, and doing fine. When I picked her up she started crying a little, and coughing. It wasn't long before she fell asleep again. I just sat and held her while she slept for about an hour. When she woke up she was fine. She asked for a popsicle, and started drinking her water and juice. I was so surprised at how well she did. I was expecting it to be so much worse. We hung out for a little bit, and she had a popsicle, and then a slushie. When we left the hospital she did complain of her throat hurting a little, but once we got home, and got her some medicine she seemed fine. She has been up and moving around a little. I'm trying to get her to relax so that she doesn't overdo it, and feel worse tomorrow. They said the second and third days are usually the worst so I am preparing myself for that. Thank you to everyone that sent messages, called, and gave little gifts to Scout. We felt the love today, and Scout felt so special being fussed over. We really appreciate everyone thinking of us today!
Before surgery 
So excited!
Going for a ride
After surgery...still smiling! Love this little girl!:)







2 comments:
What a tough cookie!!! She is so sweet! I hope today went well for her! :)
It was so wonderful to talk to you today! I'm glad that Scout's surgery went so well and that she has been a trooper though it all! Hope she will continue to get better quick and remain her sweet little self! Glad it was a success!
Post a Comment