Thursday morning we packed up, and left Anaheim. We headed to my parents time share in Newport Beach. We were all looking forward to a couple of days at the beach to just relax. We got to Newport really early on Thursday, and we weren't able to check into our room until about 4:00 in the afternoon. We walked around the resort, and looked into everything it had to offer. Then we spent the rest of the day at the pool. The girls were in heaven being able to just swim all day. It wasn't as warm as I would have liked so I didn't spend much time in the water, but the girls didn't seem to mind, and spent all afternoon swimming. We had one funny thing happen...Tegan was laying on her floaty thing, and Justin was in the water with them, and had swam off a little with Scout. Tegan had fallen off her floaty, and was starting to panic. I wasn't really paying attention to where everyone was, and I just saw her fall off, and knew that Justin was in the water so I hollered to him to get her. He wasn't near her so I just told her to calm down, and swim, which she can do, and the water wasn't very deep. Once I realized that she wasn't going to calm down I went to jump in, but here comes my dad, pushing me out of the way, and jumps in the pool with all of his clothes on...I had a bathing suit on. I probably should have jumped in sooner, but I was watching her, and I was trying to get her to calm down, and swim. We had a good laugh about my dad jumping in the pool with his clothes on. Tegan was fine, and once she calmed down she got back in the water.
After we were able to get in our room we got ready, and went to dinner. My mom asked a lady that worked at the resort where a good place to eat seafood was, and she told us that the Crab Cooker was the place to go. We went, and when we walked in I wasn't too sure. It was this little tiny restaurant and they had tables with miss-matched chairs. They didn't have normal dishes, everything was plastic, and paper, and it was super crowded. We kind of had to laugh, and wonder what we had gotten ourselves into. That all changed when we got our food. The food was AMAZING!!! Everything we got was great, and it was just the right amount of food. I was super impressed, and if you are ever in Newport I highly recommend the Crab Cooker. The building they are in use to be a bank, and the vault that held the money is now a refrigerator....kinda neat.
On Friday we decided that we wanted to head to the beach. We decided to drive a little ways and go to Laguna beach. It was a beautiful beach and we had a great time. My dad brought his kites, and the girls had their sand stuff. I didn't get in to water because it was again a little cold for me, but the girls and Justin enjoyed it. I just sat and watched everyone. The girls loved it, and had a great time. I am glad that we got to go and spend that time at the beach, but I would love to go back when it is a little warmer.
Saturday we started our drive back home, and on Sunday we were home.
What a great vacation, and one that we will always remember. I am so glad that we had the opportunity to take this family vacation. We made great memories, and got to spend some time together. I only hope that we can have more vacations like this!
The girls thought the dog made out of the towel was pretty cool 




Tegan right before she fell off her floaty
My view all day Thursday!







0 comments:
Post a Comment