After our trip to Island Park Justin was able to stay home until Friday. It was so nice having him home, and able to help me out. We got quite a few things done that I needed help with. He was even able to help in Scouts class, which she has been really wanting so I am glad he got the chance. The most important thing we got done was getting that hunk of metal, that use to be a jeep out of my garage. Now I can put boxes in the garage instead of carrying them downstairs. Besides getting stuff done we just spent a lot of time together. It was hard to say goodbye on Friday. I try to be strong so the girls don't get upset, but I ended up bawling. Some of my upset comes from seeing how hard it is for the girls everytime they have to say goodbye.
With Justin leaving on Friday that meant that he would miss Valentines Day. I was sad about that, but it turned out to be an okay day. I made sure to get the girls little gifts that they could open before school. Then Scout had a play date. After her playdate we got a call from Jessica asking if we wanted to meet for lunch. See, Jessica and I have a weakness for food, and lucky for us we like all the same things at the same restaurants!:) She stopped and picked up our favorite salad from applebees and we met at her house for lunch. It was delicious and we had a great time chatting. When I was leaving she gave me a cupcake she picked up for me at a new cupcake place...it was also delicious! Later in the day Ryan stopped by with roses for me and the girls from Justin. Then I took the girls to dinner at our favorite Chinese restaurant. It really turned out to be a great day. I didn't get to spend it with Justin, but I got to spend it with other special people. Justin did get me a special gift. I didn't get it till after Valentines Day, but it was worth the wait...
My new purse! I LOVE IT!
MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Valentines Day 2012
Posted by Carrie at 7:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
What a good day! LOVE your purse, where did Justin find that beauty?
I'm glad I finally got to catch up with you last week! I'm also glad you had a fun Valentine's Day! Glad you have good friends that you love and love you to share a day like Valentine's day with when you Hubby is away! I also love your purse! So cute and I be it looks super cute with your wallet! Glad you had a memorable V-day! And it will be even better next year when you two will be able to spend it together!:)
Post a Comment