MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Friday, August 31, 2012

Scout's first day of KINDERGARTEN!

Scout started school on August 24th. They did kindergarten screenings on the first 2 days of school so the Kindergartners didn't start till Friday. Scout was also excited, but nervous. She did great though. We got there and we did a little scavenger hunt with her to find different things around the class room. Then after all the kids arrived all the kindergarten classes went to the gym so that the parents could meet with the teachers. I was so thankful for this meeting because I didn't get this meeting with Tegan's teacher. I had a lot of questions, and I was wondering about a lot of things. Scout's teacher was great and covered all the things that I was wondering about. It was nice to be able to leave Scout and feel comfortable. After school Scout was all smiles. She had a great day, and has loved school. On the 22nd we had the girls dance open house, and we met a girl that was in going to be in Scout's class at school, and they will also have dance together so Scout actually started school knowing someone. She loved it, and told me that she loved playing with Katelyn. I am so glad that she loves school as much as her sister. I am glad that both the girls are liking the school, and they seem to be doing really well.









2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Can you believe that our babes are in kindergarten?! Cade has Tylee in his class and I was tickled! They even have cubbies next to one another and Tylee saved a seat for him etc. -possible match up in the future ;)
Your girls look so much alike Carrie, beautiful. I bet you don't know what to do with yourself now the girls are in school!

Megan said...

Your girls are such cuties! I'm glad they were both happy with their first day of school! I'm glad Tegan wasn't late and that she had a good time, meeting new friends and it's so nice that Scout already knew a friend at school from dance! Your girls are so sweet and grown up! I love their outfits too... very fashionable! So fun! :)