So on July 27th Justin and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary. On the actual day we really didn't do much. We just went to dinner with the girls. We had planned this little trip to Las Vegas so we just kept it low key. We weren't able to go until Sept. 7th, but that is okay because it gave us something fun to look forward to.
This came at such a great time for us. Justin and I both needed a vacation. After living apart for 8 months, then the move, permanent house guests, flooded basement, work, etc...we felt like this was a much needed vacation for us. We drove to Billings on the 6th so that I could go to the Dentist. After my appointment we went to dinner with Justin's family. It was fun to see everyone again. On Friday, Justin and I didn't leave until 1:30 so we got some things done that we wanted to do, and then my friend Jessica took us to the airport. We dropped Scout off with her friend Kennedy so she could have a play date, and then Jessica watched Tegan for us. When arrived in Las Vegas around 4, but by the time we got our car, and found our room after my phone gave us completely wrong directions it was about 5:30. We got to our room, and rested for a few minutes before getting ready for dinner. We got tickets to the Tournament of Kings for 8:30 that night. It was a lot of fun, and I am glad that we did it. The food was alright, it wasn't quite what I was expecting for what we paid, but it was still good. After the show at 10:30 we decided to walk around the strip for awhile before heading back to our room.
Saturday we woke up, and we had gotten talked into listening to a thing on time shares so we went and did that. Really, the ONLY reason we did it was for the $75.00 we were going to get for doing it.
After we got done we headed over to the Silverton. I wanted to see the mermaids that swim in the fish tank. Justin didn't mind because he got to go into the Bass Pro shop that was connected to the casino.
After we were done there we went to the Outlet malls to look around before heading back to the strip to walk around and look at everything in the day. When we were at the Stratosphere Justin decided that he wanted to jump off the stratosphere. I opted out, and found a chair to watch from. I was so nervous for him, but he really wanted to do it. We bought the video, and there was a point before he jump where you could tell that he was really nervous, but he said he really liked it once he fell. That night we ate at the Cheesecake factory. Can I just say that I love that place!!
Sunday morning we woke up and decided to go swimming. After swimming we got ready, and headed back to the strip. We walked around and looked at the other hotels that we hadn't seen. I have always wanted to get a Frozen hot chocolate from Serendipity so we stopped and did that. Can I just tell you that those are my new favorite thing. There is just nothing better, and it was completely worth the $11.00 I spent. That night we decided to eat at the Rain forest Cafe. We had never eaten at one, and so we wanted to try it. It was really expensive, but the food was amazing. I am glad we tried it.
We had such a great time, and I am so glad that we took the opportunity to go. I really appreciate Justin's parents being will to watch the girls, and our great friends for also being willing to help while Max and Julie worked. It was easy to be away since we knew the girls were being well taken care of.
The view from our room
One of the mermaids swimming with the fish
Justin after he jumped
The view of the strip from the Eiffel Tower
I am so terrified of heights that I couldn't bring my self to look, and I just hung on to the rail until Justin wanted to go down.
I thought this was neat...it was mad out of Jelly beans
The arena for the tournament of knights
Our dinner. We had to eat with our hands, there was no silverware!
Justin jumped from the top way up there
My favorite picture of us...Happy Anniversary!!













2 comments:
So fun! So glad you got to do something fun for your 10 year too! :)
Cute pictures! Fun trip and I love Justin's smile after he jumped... you can almost read his mind as he's saying, "Holy Crap, I can't believe I just did that... and it was AWESOME"! Glad it was a trip to remember! Happy 10 years!!!
Post a Comment