MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Friday, October 12, 2012

It's GREAT to be 8!!

Tegan turned 8 on Sept. 14. This birthday seemed like a big deal to me, and I so wished that we were in Billings where we could have had a big birthday with lots of family and friends for her. That wasn't the case so we tried to make it as special as we could with just us. My mom and Grandma did arrive on her birthday so she thought that was pretty cool! When she got out of school I made sure that I had all of her presents ready, and the house decorated. While we waited for my mom to get here we made crepes. We did the usual crepes for dinner, which everyone loved. Then we opened presents and had cake. Per Tegan's request I did a zebra cake, this girl loves ALL things Zebra (you should see her room, thanks to Jessica for the new bed spread)!!:) She said she had a wonderful day. She got some fun toys, and Justin and I gave her a stereo for her room. She loved it, and has been enjoying it ever since. Thank you to everyone that sent gifts, and called her on her special day!!
So like I said, my mom and Grandma were here for her birthday, and the were planning to stay the whole week until the Baptism. This was their first visit to our new house so it was nice that they got to stay awhile. My dad came on Monday, and was immediately put to work. He started by mudding and taping our basement, then he put gutters up on the house, he fixed our door bell, fixed our shower downstairs, fixed a sink upstairs, and then textured the basement. He was such a big help, and I can't even tell you how much I appreciate him coming and doing all that work for us. He got everything done that we needed done, and I couldn't have been happier. Justin is fully capable of doing all of that stuff, but Justin puts in such long hours at the office that he just doesn't have a ton of extra time, and honestly when he is home we like to spend time with him so I am so grateful that my dad was willing to come do all that work for us.  We got a lot accomplished before all of our company arrived for the baptism.

Tegan opening her presents...these friend legos are awesome, they keep my girls busy for hours!



Tegan's zebra cake...I loved how it turned out, and she LOVED it too!!

1 comments:

Megan said...

Her smile says it all! You are great parents to make your girls feel so special on their special day! I love Tegan's cake! Who wouldn't love that! I want to see pictures of the girls zebra room! I never grew out out of the "I love zebra" phase! Glad she spent her day with wonderful family!
Also, I love your 4 pictures/canvas' on the wall behind the table... super cute!!!