We were pretty excited for Christmas around here. The girls for the simple reason that it is Christmas, and everything is exciting plus they get a little vacation from school. Justin and I were excited as well. For us it meant a break from work, and just getting to spend some time together. I was also excited to get to visit the land (Billings) of shopping and great food, Justin and I really wanted to leave a day earlier than we had planned and head to Billings, but when Scout found out she nearly had a break down at the thought of missing her school Christmas party. I couldn't bear to see her upset so I decided that we would still leave on Friday. We always have the greatest of intentions when it comes to leaving, but things never work out quite right. We wanted to leave at 3, but we ended up leaving at 8. It actually wasn't so bad, and then girls slept the whole way there, and before we knew it we were there.
Saturday Justin and I spent the whole day getting some last minute shopping done for each other. Justin took the girls, and let me get my shopping done with out having to worry about the girls. We did meet up for lunch with Ryan, Lindsey, and the boys. After lunch we continued shopping, and getting the last minute things done that we needed.
Sunday Ryan and Lindsey blessed their new baby, Beckham. It was nice all getting to attend the blessing. After church we went over to Ryan's to watch football and eat.
Monday was Christmas Eve, and we just spend the day hanging out and visiting. Justin and I did have to go do a couple last minute things for the girls. We arranged to take family pictures. It was freezing, but we did them at the house so that when we weren't taking pictures we could be inside. My mother in law also planned a visit from "Santa" for the kids, which they enjoyed. Tegan was NOT impressed though. She knew it wasn't the REAL Santa and was a little upset. We finally talked her into at least telling him what she wanted and getting a candy cane from him. Then we did our family home evening, and story of Jesus' birth. Then afterwards the children did their gift exchange. After the children went than the adults did their white elephant gifts. After we were done it was time for bed. We were all exhausted.
Christmas morning we waited for everyone to get up and then we went out to see what Santa had left. After playing with what Santa left we went upstairs to open our other gifts. There were so many of us, and we were worried it would take all day to open our presents so we opened them up in groups. Each family would get a present each and open it while everyone watched. It actually went pretty quick, but still allowed us to see what everyone was getting. We were very blessed this year, and got some great gifts. The best present this year was my new camera from Justin and the girls. I have been wanting one forever. Justin did great picking one out. I was so surprised that I started crying when I opened it. It was the best gift ever. I don't know if I will ever learn how to use it, but it sure is fun to play with.
On Wednesday we left for home. We had to get back so that Justin could work. It was a a wonderful Christmas, and we got to enjoy it with all of Justin's family. We are incredibly blessed, and we had such a great time being together.
Sunday Ryan and Lindsey blessed their new baby, Beckham. It was nice all getting to attend the blessing. After church we went over to Ryan's to watch football and eat.
Monday was Christmas Eve, and we just spend the day hanging out and visiting. Justin and I did have to go do a couple last minute things for the girls. We arranged to take family pictures. It was freezing, but we did them at the house so that when we weren't taking pictures we could be inside. My mother in law also planned a visit from "Santa" for the kids, which they enjoyed. Tegan was NOT impressed though. She knew it wasn't the REAL Santa and was a little upset. We finally talked her into at least telling him what she wanted and getting a candy cane from him. Then we did our family home evening, and story of Jesus' birth. Then afterwards the children did their gift exchange. After the children went than the adults did their white elephant gifts. After we were done it was time for bed. We were all exhausted.
Christmas morning we waited for everyone to get up and then we went out to see what Santa had left. After playing with what Santa left we went upstairs to open our other gifts. There were so many of us, and we were worried it would take all day to open our presents so we opened them up in groups. Each family would get a present each and open it while everyone watched. It actually went pretty quick, but still allowed us to see what everyone was getting. We were very blessed this year, and got some great gifts. The best present this year was my new camera from Justin and the girls. I have been wanting one forever. Justin did great picking one out. I was so surprised that I started crying when I opened it. It was the best gift ever. I don't know if I will ever learn how to use it, but it sure is fun to play with.
On Wednesday we left for home. We had to get back so that Justin could work. It was a a wonderful Christmas, and we got to enjoy it with all of Justin's family. We are incredibly blessed, and we had such a great time being together.







0 comments:
Post a Comment