MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Easter 2013

We decided to stay home for Easter this year. I originally thought we would go to Billings since the girls had 2 days off of school, but in the end we just decided to stay home, relax, and get some things done. We started out Easter on Monday night with a lesson on the Resurrection for FHE. It was a wonderful lesson, and I am so glad that we did it. 
On Saturday we took the kids to an Easter egg hunt. The girls had a great time, and got lots of candy. On Sunday we got up early to get ready for church, and see what the Easter bunny left for the girls. After church we walked in the door to see a trail of eggs through the house for them to find. The girls were SO excited, as you can see in the one picture! They ran through the house looking for eggs. I started making dinner so that we could eat early, and just enjoy the rest of the day. We had a nice meal of ham, funeral potatoes, strawberry/spinach salad, pretzel jello, rolls, and green bean casserole. I had to take a picture of it because I was pretty impressed! We are usually with family on holidays, and I usually don't have to cook a whole meal by myself. Then for dessert we made Resurrection rolls. We made these for FHE on Monday, and they were a big hit. Everyone loved them so we had to make more, and it has a great lesson with it too. We really had a wonderful weekend together, and enjoyed just being together.   















1 comments:

Megan said...

What a fun weekend! I'm equally impressed with your Easter dinner you made ALL BY YOURSELF! Glad it was a fun and relaxing weekend!