MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Saturday, April 6, 2013

New Bikes

A while back Justin and I talked to the girls about saving their money, and buying something they really wanted not just candy and junk. We don't really give the girls an allowance. My feelings are that we are a family, and everyone needs to help around the house. I am not going to pay you for things that need to be done. Justin and I also wanted to teach the girls about the value of money, saving, and tithing so how do we do that? Well, we came up with the idea that they would get paid for things like cleaning the car, shoveling dog poop or snow, cleaning Justin's office, etc...anything that was big, and not an everyday chore or one that they should just help with. Tegan also got paid 10 cents for every spelling word she got right. Well, they did a great job saving their money, and after paying their tithing they finally had enough to go and get their new bikes. We got lots of comments as we were walking through the store. It was Easter weekend so people were saying things like, wow, look what they are getting for Easter. People were actually surprised when we told them that the girls were buying them. The girls picked out their own bike, and paid for them. I am so proud of them, and I hope they learned a little something along the way.


 

1 comments:

Megan said...

I think this is a very important lesson for kids to learn! Great job to you and Justin for helping them learn it at an early age! I love the girls new bikes! SO COLORFUL! Way to go Tegan and Scout!